Our History

In 1958 a small group of faithful people formed a church in a basement of a home in Lincoln Park, MI.  The church was known as the First Southern Baptist Church of Lincoln Park.  In the early 1960’s the church moved to its current location in Allen Park, MI, and changed the name to Southfield Road Baptist Church.  Many church plants came from SRBC over the years and we continue to reach out today, seeking to help existing churches.  From the early days until now SRBC has been a mission minded church.

In June of 2014 we called Pastor Tim Jones to our church to help rebuild and reach the community here in the Greater Detroit area.  He and his wife Gayle have a heart for ministry and the spread of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

We seek to support the greater mission in our region and throughout the world by supporting the larger-scale work of our affiliates.  We have a monthly mission offering to support the Greater Detroit Baptist Association as they reach out to other churches in our area.  Our Sunday morning study groups each sponsor a missionary family.  We also continue to give to the Cooperative Program of the Southern Baptist Convention which serves a variety of ministries including international missions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *